Hello, Friends & Followers!
If you’re reading this, it means you haven’t given up on the blog even though I’ve been such a slacker about posting. I’ve even been terrible about keeping up with the blog Insta…that’s when you know I’m busy!
I’m not entirely convinced that anyone really cares to know what’s going on in my life, aside from family members and friends of my mom that like to stay updated. So if you’re not in the aforementioned group, I promise not to be offended if you skip this post. But if you are in that group, here’s a LIFE UPDATE for ya!
This has been a crazy fall.
- In September, I went through the interview process for my new job (more on that soon!)
- At the end of that month, I was in my best friend Rachel’s wedding out in California!
- At the beginning of October, I jetted off to Paris for a week—I left on my last day of work at my previous gig, and returned the Friday before my first day at the new one. (Only to get there and discover that my Airbnb was a scam…but I think this one earns a separate post!)
- With my new job, I’ve been commuting from CT to NYC every day, so that’s been an interesting adjustment, too.
- Throughout all of this, I’ve had a huge problem with roaches in my apartment (!!!!) so that’s been a nightmare, and has led to spending all my free time (what’s that again?) looking for new places to live…
- Which means I’ll be moving to NYC! Ahhhh! (The apartment hunting process is yet another topic that deserves a separate post…HOLY STRESS. Stay tuned!)
- In the realm of my non-functioning pancreas, I lost my insulin pump at the airport in September. Paid for a new one…and then both my insulin pump (yeah, the new one) and my Continuous Glucose Monitor stopped working during my first week at work. And commuting = lots of low blood sugars…but I’ll get the hang of it!
- Oh, I also turned 27! I know that 26 technically already meant I was in my late twenties, but now it really feels official. Eeeek!
I know this sounds like one big run-on complaint, but I actually have a really good feeling about everything. Sure, it’s all a bit of a mess right this second, but I feel like it’s all necessary in order to lead to an amazing year. I’m trying to take every hiccup as a piece of a new adventure. I think the Universe is just showing me how much I can handle…or something uplifting like that. Just go with it.
I came across a quote yesterday while on the train after an especially stressful day, and it felt like it had been written just for me:
“Just for the record, darling, not all positive change feels positive in the beginning.” – S.C. Lourie
So, the new job: I’m now a copywriter for Victoria’s Secret PINK! I’m primarily in charge of all of the PINK emails as well as specialty print projects, like the things you get in the mail and hopefully don’t throw out within five seconds. I learned that my emails go to 23 MILLION people per day! No pressure, though. 😉 It’s been a total adjustment in every sense of the word, but I’m already learning so much and I’m so thankful for such an incredible opportunity.
I promise that once the dust settles, I’ll post more often. In the meantime, thanks for following me on this journey…it’s always full of color, don’t ya think?